Home » Audio » Radio » watterson model 505
watterson model 505 [message #64090] Thu, 23 September 2010 20:23 Go to next message
capbuster is currently offline  capbuster
Baron
Found this set ,a battery set. On the back is a switch say,s old battery, new battery . Any info on this and year ect.
Thanks Capbuster. Cool
Battery-powered tube radios [message #64094 is a reply to message #64090] Thu, 23 September 2010 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Are you going to replace the battery pack? I ask because I have always repaired old battery-powered tube radios to run on AC power only, forgoing the batteries. But I'm starting to think it might be kind of fun to build-up a battery pack for them with NiMH or Lithium batteries. I've got a couple TransOceanics that I'm thinking about doing this way.

Re: Battery-powered tube radios [message #64106 is a reply to message #64094] Fri, 24 September 2010 19:38 Go to previous message
capbuster is currently offline  capbuster
Baron
Will keep it original. Lithium would be the way to go.
I have a bunch of power tools wish i had lithium for them all. Takes three hours to recharge. Have a few drills with lithium 20 minutes ready to go. I found info about the switch . When battery gets low bypasses a resistor.
Thanks Capbuster. Very Happy
Previous Topic: Philco model 111
Next Topic: Which modern radios are the best?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 09:55:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio