Home » Audio » General » Need help identifying pa system (I would like some help Identifying my pa system THANKS!!!!!)
Need help identifying pa system [message #64087] Thu, 23 September 2010 12:41 Go to next message
Helpless is currently offline  Helpless
Esquire
I have no idea what I have and am trying to get any info so any help would be super handy.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4126/5018258712_b6797be185_z.jpg
index.php?t=getfile&id=257&private=0
  • Attachment: DSCF0702.JPG
    (Size: 492.79KB, Downloaded 1227 times)
Re: Need help identifying pa system [message #64088 is a reply to message #64087] Thu, 23 September 2010 13:20 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's an old mini-PA loudspeaker system made in the late 1990's by a company called "Music Industries" at the time, now defunct.

I found out about them in 1999 and made them aware that π Speakers is a federally registered trademark, so they were infringing. They were pretty nice folks, actually, and I hated that they had to retool to remove the marks, but they did. It caused market confusion. They changed the name to "Prime Speakers" and continued making the speakers for a year or two, but production stopped long ago.

I still get emails from time to time asking about these speakers. Most are people looking for replacement drivers. They were made in China, and were not expensive at all, so finding a suitable second source for replacement parts is not terribly difficult. The satellite speakers are just little mini-monitors and the bass box is a rather short folded transmission line.

Previous Topic: finding/calculating the duration of an MP3 file???
Next Topic: New Pic site
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 17 02:53:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout