Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Plans Request
Plans Request [message #64010] Wed, 08 September 2010 12:32 Go to next message
Das. is currently offline  Das.
Esquire
Greetings Wayne,

Could you please send me the plans for the 3Pi and 4Pi speakers. I see you offer an AE TD12S option on the 3Pi, what about the TD15M in the 4Pi? Thanks for all the great input on horns and audio design you offer the DIY community.

-Regards
JBL and AE [message #64011 is a reply to message #64010] Wed, 08 September 2010 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm not going to investigate the TD15 because I already have an upgrade path for the four π and seven π loudspeakers using the JBL 2226 woofer.

The three π and four π speakers are almost identical in size and response, with the biggest difference being the four π is 3dB louder given the same input.

I am extremely happy with the performance of both models, especially when fully upgraded with all the best driver options. The way I see it, the choice for the prospective owner becomes whether they want the best "corporate" speaker or the best "craftsman" speaker. JBL has all the resources for R&D and brings all that to bear when developing drivers. AE has very dedicated craftsmen who have done a great job too, making hand crafted drivers that also have all the right technologies. In my mind, there is no winner, both are excellent. It's like making a choice between the best that Porsche can do or the best that Ferrari can do. Both are excellent.

Re: Plans Request [message #64012 is a reply to message #64011] Wed, 08 September 2010 12:54 Go to previous message
Das. is currently offline  Das.
Esquire
Thank you for the prompt response. So the baffle width is nearly the same, I was wondering about that. I'd figure I'll go with the 4Pi then if size is nearly the same, and get the benefits of the 15" driver.

Thanks again, look forward to receiving the plans.
Previous Topic: Plan Request
Next Topic: Pi 2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 06 11:06:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout