Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Any Victor Borga/Borge fans?
Any Victor Borga/Borge fans? [message #6399] Fri, 03 February 2006 14:54 Go to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
I'm always indebted to him for introducing me to classical music. I always enjoyed the way he brought it down to earth so that someone like me who wasn't brought up with art as an important part of life could begin to understand it. Using his brand of humor he managed to impart a little history, art and general knowledge with his shows. I often think of him and many of the other comedians who could cheer you up and make you hurt from laughing without resorting to blue humor. I wonder if any of them were starting out today would become popular?

Re: Any Victor Borga/Borge fans? [message #6419 is a reply to message #6399] Fri, 17 February 2006 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mollecon is currently offline  mollecon
Master
I cannot exactly say I'm a FAN of him. But he was funny, and a fellow Dane. I think he probably would have made it - what he did wasn't that far from what modern day stand-up comedians do.

Re: Any Victor Borga/Borge fans? [message #6421 is a reply to message #6419] Fri, 17 February 2006 19:32 Go to previous message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
He was the guest of many important people and always made them laugh at themselves without being cutting or snide.

Previous Topic: Good news
Next Topic: Movies and Music and Movies and Dialog
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 17:19:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout