Home » Audio » Movies & Music » The Princess Bride
The Princess Bride [message #6359] Thu, 26 January 2006 22:49 Go to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
I was watching my favorite movie in the new to me DVD version and really enjoyed the added features of the interviews and making of the movie. Most of those features on other movies are pathetic but this one is special. If you like this movie and don't have the DVD version with these features I recommend you get it.

Re: The Princess Bride [message #6360 is a reply to message #6359] Fri, 27 January 2006 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I love The Princess Bride. Since my kids destroyed the tape, it looks like the DVD will make it home.

Have you seen Alice in Wonderland? This version (see below) is not 100% true to the story, but the family really enjoys it. For $9 from Amazon, it's worth a shot.....

Thanks for the heads up [message #6362 is a reply to message #6360] Fri, 27 January 2006 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
I will look for it. I'm hard to please when it comes to movies or TV. If it doesn't catch my attention in the first 5 minutes I'm gone. The Princess Bride was an exception as it's slow for about the first 10 minutes. I'm a dialog fan. If it's funny without being slapstick I'll love it. Men In Black to me is funny. My second favorite movies is Pirates of the Caribbean. I watch movies to relax and there is more than enough violence and such in the real world I don't need that to relax to

Re: Thanks for the heads up [message #6364 is a reply to message #6362] Fri, 27 January 2006 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

What's the Princess Bride about? I kind of assumed it was a kid movie, with pre-teen girls as the target audience. So I guess I mis-judged that one?

Princess Bride: one of my favorite movies [message #6366 is a reply to message #6364] Fri, 27 January 2006 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Hi Wayne,
It's about Princess buttercup finding true love iwth a peasant boy.
It's a really really cool movie...a classic.
As good as shrek.
Except with real people.
-akhilesh

Re: Princess Bride: one of my favorite movies [message #6368 is a reply to message #6366] Fri, 27 January 2006 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Cool, I'll check it out. Sounds like a good movie for a date.

Re: Princess Bride: one of my favorite movies [message #6370 is a reply to message #6368] Fri, 27 January 2006 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I agree, Wayne. IF the date does not like thee movie, she/he should be dumped immediately for a total lack of imaginative wonder.

-akhilesh

Re: Princess Bride: one of my favorite movies [message #6371 is a reply to message #6370] Fri, 27 January 2006 18:41 Go to previous message
Grand Master
It plays on at least two, maybe three levels if you listen closely. If you decide to watch it just make sure there are no distractions or you'll miss most of the one liners. Dr. Stangelove is another great movie for dialog fans.

Previous Topic: Happy Birthday, Wolfgang
Next Topic: Re-Master Vinyl of London Calling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 17:19:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout