Home » Audio » General » Suggest an Ipod for me
Suggest an Ipod for me [message #63444] Mon, 19 July 2010 10:55 Go to next message
Equinom is currently offline  Equinom
Viscount
Hello,

I am looking to upgrade. I have had my Ipod Nano for quite some time. I got it when they just came out, and it was the best one on the market. I am looking to upgrade! I want an Ipod that I can play games on, possibly access the internet, listen to songs, etc.
Any ideas on a good Ipod for me?
Re: Suggest an Ipod for me [message #63449 is a reply to message #63444] Tue, 20 July 2010 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JiminyCricket is currently offline  JiminyCricket
Baron
How do you feel about the itouch? Some people I know dislike the touch element as it is too sensitive for them but I think you could get used to it.

Personally I would like the 5th generation ipod. Do you want movie access?
Re: Suggest an Ipod for me [message #63451 is a reply to message #63444] Tue, 20 July 2010 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brokenrecord is currently offline  brokenrecord
Esquire
Why not go straight to iPhone? I mean, it does exactly what an ordinary iPod does, right? You can use it as PDA or for gaming, etc. PLUS -- you can use it for making calls.
Re: Suggest an Ipod for me [message #63498 is a reply to message #63444] Fri, 23 July 2010 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rockhound is currently offline  rockhound
Chancellor
Ipod Touch is great. I have the 32GB one. Expensive, but what a great unit. I can't think of a better one out there. Lots of aps and games on Itunes. Super unit, you can't go wrong with this one.
Re: Suggest an Ipod for me [message #63558 is a reply to message #63498] Thu, 29 July 2010 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JiminyCricket is currently offline  JiminyCricket
Baron
rockhound wrote on Fri, 23 July 2010 23:43
Ipod Touch is great. I have the 32GB one. Expensive, but what a great unit. I can't think of a better one out there. Lots of aps and games on Itunes. Super unit, you can't go wrong with this one.

Rockhound, how much battery life do you get on average? I tend to game online but am interested in the other apps available. Oh and does it charge you for reading Facebook messages?
Re: Suggest an Ipod for me [message #63566 is a reply to message #63558] Fri, 30 July 2010 00:29 Go to previous message
rockhound is currently offline  rockhound
Chancellor
The specs say 30 hours for music or 6 hrs video. I have never run it all the way down from a full charge, so I really don't know. What I will say is that the battery life is excellent. Obviously it depends on how much you use it, but I've gone a few days without charging it.

I don't use Facebook on my ipod touch but there is a free ap on itunes. I don't know how well it works though. I use the wifi on my ipod, so the internet is free.

Previous Topic: MP3Gain and Phase
Next Topic: Hot power transformers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 25 21:24:51 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout