Home » Audio » General » Best books about Audio
Re: Best books about Audio [message #63535 is a reply to message #63504] Mon, 26 July 2010 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Thanks so much for that list. I know a good deal about acoustics, but almost all of it is applied, such as toeing speakers in, the dimensions and placement of speakers and all that kind of stuff.

I'll see if I can take a look at some of those. Are they really thorough? I've noticed a lot of books gloss over the broadest aspects and ignore the finer points or the actual science behind them. I feel like I could have written a better book than the Recording Engineers Manual or the Mixing Engineers Manual.

Another book that I forgot about is the Audio Engineers Reference Manual by Michael Talbot-Smith. As the name implies, it is probably not a book that even the Journeyman engineer will know all of it's subjects. It is meant to be kept handy to be referenced. Some of it is common knowledge, such as how a CD player works, but there is a ton of physics, math and even some physiology included to round out the bigger picture. I think this book approaches things in a manner that the linear thinker would enjoy. It teaches you how your ears work and how sound waves work and builds from there. A good deal of audio related works gloss over these items and at least, I feel that knowing the science is essential.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Who's listening to ART Radio?
Next Topic: Love me love my audio fetish!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 14 08:19:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio