Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » about 4 pi
about 4 pi [message #63420] Sat, 17 July 2010 07:31 Go to next message
aurelien is currently offline  aurelien
Esquire
Dear All,
I am considering buying a pair of four pi speakers with all the options to have the "best" filter and drivers (not in kit : fully built). Could you give me your opinion ? In particular : they are far less expensive than most speakers of this range, do you know why ? Do you know how they compare with other speakers featuring a horn and a 15" woofer ? An aesthetics detail : are they delivered with grids ?
Thanks !
Best,
Aurelien (from France).
Re: about 4 pi [message #63423 is a reply to message #63420] Sat, 17 July 2010 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'll let others report back with their opinions on sound quality, and also encourage you to read the online reviews. But I did want to let you know that we do not make grilles for our loudspeakers. I've done a few over the years as special orders, and in fact, my most recent pair of speakers had them. But I generally recommend againsyt them because they have a negative impact on the sound.

Re: about 4 pi [message #63425 is a reply to message #63423] Sat, 17 July 2010 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aurelien is currently offline  aurelien
Esquire
Many thanks for your kind answer.
However, this would be for an audio system to be used in my office. And the fact is that this is a rather "dusty" and not very "friendly" environment (just because I am a researcher and not a businessman !). So I think grilles would be very welcome. Do you think such a special order could be considered ?
Best regards.
Re: about 4 pi [message #63432 is a reply to message #63425] Sun, 18 July 2010 08:58 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Well, yes, I can have the cabinet shop bid some grilles. We talk about style when you're ready to order.

Previous Topic: X-over Cap Voltage rating
Next Topic: another happy customer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 13 18:26:32 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout