Home » Audio » Home Theater » big screens
Re: big screens [message #63197 is a reply to message #28657] Fri, 18 June 2010 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chuckles101 is currently offline  Chuckles101
Chancellor
I think the main reason why people prefer large screens (including me!) is because it comes closer to imitating the theater experience. It is also, for instance, if you buy a blu-ray dvd, you can only make sure of it on a large screen that has Full HD.
Re: big screens [message #63418 is a reply to message #28657] Sat, 17 July 2010 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JiminyCricket is currently offline  JiminyCricket
Baron
In terms of size, try using the math formula someone told me about.

Basically, with a HDTV you simply measure the screen (n inches) and then work out if you can comfortably sit between 1.3 - 3 times that measurement away from it.

If you can then go ahead. If not, then sorry but your room is too small Smile

I agree that the sound should match the size - too much in a small room seems pointless.
Re: big screens [message #67131 is a reply to message #63418] Wed, 20 April 2011 11:54 Go to previous message
FE3T is currently offline  FE3T
Esquire
As we speak i watch this on a 106" screen, the picture are projected there by an Optoma HD200x.

This combo does not cost me much more than a 42" LED tv, expecially if i calculate in the cost of having a tv with a tuner here in Norway, Here we pay 400$ yearly in television fees to the state.

Since i dont own a TV, or a tuner, i dont have to pay those fees.

Currently i use my computer as a source, and watches DVD, saved HD video files (mostly the .mkv format) and streamed video. i do also use the computer as music provider trougth mp3, flac and streamed audio.

To me, this is perfect, but for a person who cares abut sports programs or soap opereas it would probably be somewhat lacking.
Previous Topic: VCR
Next Topic: What do you have?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 30 02:22:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout