Home » Audio » Movies & Music » free music source
free music source [message #6276] Sat, 10 December 2005 10:52 Go to next message
jim denton is currently offline  jim denton
Master
Gentlemen, Check out your public libraries for music --Here in Tulsa the county library has 1500 audio CD's and you can check them out on line and request delivery to the library nearest you---sucha deal!Mench!! --I have ACCIDENTLY burned a CD on my laptop--to make sure this MISTAKE didn't happen again I recreated the insident 47 more times on 47 different recordings to be sure I know how not to let this in the future. In all honesty I was testing the cooking temps and found that one temp works for all CD's.....and so it goes.....slowwwwwwwwwwwly........JD

Re: free music source [message #6277 is a reply to message #6276] Sat, 10 December 2005 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thanks for the tip. What temp setting is that BTW?

Re: free music source [message #6278 is a reply to message #6277] Sat, 10 December 2005 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lon is currently offline  lon
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
There are many more than 1500 selections if you use intelibrary
loan. I have access to some university libraries that way
and order through the local public library branch. I found
a rare Maynard Ferguson that way plus a Stan Getz suite called
Focus.

Wisconsin uses a system called Wiscan where all media is available
from the whole state. Ordering must be done through the local
library desk though. OTOH I can reserve movies and
other local items from the house. Between old tv shows like
Stargate SG1 and new movies I haven't gone into a vid store
in a long time.

Re: free music source [message #6279 is a reply to message #6276] Sat, 10 December 2005 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I've been doing this for years before I moved to Amarillo and after we arrived. They don't have a great selection here except for the classical/opera section. So I've started becoming a big fan of classical over the last year, especially violin concertos and string quartets. I couldn't tell you who's who yet, but I definitely listen to more classical than metal these days.

Re: free music source [message #6284 is a reply to message #6278] Wed, 14 December 2005 20:07 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yes; we have a multi-county system similar in execution to what you describe. Unfortunetaly I have requests that no one seems able to fill. Just picked up Luciana Souza's concept album "Neruda", it's a song cycle built around the poetry of Pablo Neruda. Sounds like a bad idea but in essence it is strangly haunting and engrossing. What a nice voice on her.

Previous Topic: Immortal Beloved
Next Topic: Lewis Black
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 16 06:23:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout