Home » Audio » General » EarBud Trouble.
EarBud Trouble. [message #62684] Fri, 14 May 2010 23:12 Go to next message
Mavare
Baron
My wife has gotten better so I don't have to listen as much for her any more. So I went back to my ear buds to see if I could stand them. I've been listening quite a bit lately and my ears started to feel funny. I went to the doctor today and I found out I have a yeast infection in my ears from where they were sweating from the ear buds being in my ears for so long. So now I've got to use ear drops for a month and stop using the ear buds. Did you know you can get such a thing from using ear buds a lot? Horrible! Mad
Re: EarBud Trouble. [message #62728 is a reply to message #62684] Sun, 16 May 2010 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CountryFried
Chancellor
I sure wasn't aware one could get an ear infection from ear buds, but I personally cannot stand using the things myself. It is always so uncomfortable for me to have something crammed in my ear. I have tried several different brands and have yet to find any that I can tolerate wearing.

~CountryFried~
Re: EarBud Trouble. [message #62778 is a reply to message #62728] Tue, 18 May 2010 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dizzy is currently offline  Dizzy
Baron
You can get a yeast infection any time an area of the body is too moist, or lacks the good bacteria that is normally there. You can reduce the risks by keeping the area dry-yeast is always there on the skin and only becomes a problem in overgrowth.
Re: EarBud Trouble. [message #62831 is a reply to message #62684] Fri, 21 May 2010 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mavare
Baron
Well, it is very uncomfortable. I'm going to have to find a good set of earphones that don't go into the ear. The doctor had asked me if I wore a hearing aid and I told her no. Then I thought of the ear buds and things clicked. She said she hadn't heard of it before but wouldn't rule it out.
Re: EarBud Trouble. [message #62850 is a reply to message #62831] Mon, 24 May 2010 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dizzy is currently offline  Dizzy
Baron
It does sound a little weird, I'll be honest. And you also have to be careful buying headphones because they too enclose your ears often in a non-breathable cup. You'll need something with foam pads for ventilation.
Re: EarBud Trouble. [message #62871 is a reply to message #62684] Wed, 26 May 2010 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djessa is currently offline  djessa
Chancellor
That's a very sad story Mavare!
Thanks for sharing at least I'm aware now. I'm a little bit scared and worried because I'm working in a call center. I'm using ear bud all the time. Of course, I don't want to have hearing disorder in the future.
Re: EarBud Trouble. [message #62963 is a reply to message #62684] Sat, 29 May 2010 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DaBase is currently offline  DaBase
Baron
I can't use earbuds because they hurt my ears. I never thought you could get a yeast infection in your ear. That's kind of weird. Hopefully your ears will better soon.
Re: EarBud Trouble. [message #62968 is a reply to message #62684] Sat, 29 May 2010 18:07 Go to previous message
Mavare
Baron
They're fine. The doctor gave me some acetic acid (stuff in vinegar) drops to dry things up and they are much better. I'm not going back to the ear buds though. I would rather lose the sound quality and be safe to my hearing.
Previous Topic: windshield speakers
Next Topic: GPS units
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 25 11:26:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout