Home » xyzzy » Tower » The Glorious Sounds of Nature
The Glorious Sounds of Nature [message #62578] Mon, 10 May 2010 18:16 Go to next message
CountryFried
Chancellor
Sometimes, I love nothing more than drifting off to sleep at night as I am listening to my relaxing nature sounds CDs. I especially love the one I have that sounds like the rippling waves of the ocean along the peaceful beaches. Do any of you enjoy listening to nature sounds too?

~CountryFried~
Re: The Glorious Sounds of Nature [message #62581 is a reply to message #62578] Mon, 10 May 2010 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I like white noise when I sleep, sort of the same thing as ocean waves. But I just use a fan.

Re: The Glorious Sounds of Nature [message #62614 is a reply to message #62578] Wed, 12 May 2010 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
woofer is currently offline  woofer
Chancellor
I love hearing the surf crashing and the gulls crying. Of course, I live at the beach so all I need to do is cross the street to the beach. I love going over and just sitting there in the early evening when there aren't many people around - very relaxing and rejuvenating to me.
Re: The Glorious Sounds of Nature [message #62634 is a reply to message #62578] Thu, 13 May 2010 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AudioAJ is currently offline  AudioAJ
Chancellor
I have one of those white noise machines that has the sounds of nature and I like most of the sounds. There's one where there's an obvious pattern and it bugs me so I don't listen to it.
Re: The Glorious Sounds of Nature [message #62637 is a reply to message #62634] Thu, 13 May 2010 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
candoon is currently offline  candoon
Baron
I am okay with some white noise and my kids have always loved it since they were tots, but I need faint white noise. Is anyone here aware of a quite noise machine? Smile
Re: The Glorious Sounds of Nature [message #62645 is a reply to message #62578] Thu, 13 May 2010 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drummer is currently offline  Drummer
Chancellor
I feel you because I live in a rural area, and the sounds of crickets and frogs can be kind of relaxing. I also don't stay too far from the beach, so I have the privilege of listening to the actual nature. Razz
Re: The Glorious Sounds of Nature [message #62664 is a reply to message #62578] Fri, 14 May 2010 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AudioAJ is currently offline  AudioAJ
Chancellor
When I used to live in San Francisco, I was close enough to the beach where you could hear the ocean. That was always soothing to me. Now I live in a city surrounded by mountains and can't hear anything but street traffic. Sad
Re: The Glorious Sounds of Nature [message #62898 is a reply to message #62664] Wed, 26 May 2010 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lyrica is currently offline  Lyrica
Chancellor
I've been hooked on the sound generators since my babies were little. Now I find I can't sleep without something constantly "layering" my environment. I live in a high traffic area (people and cars) and it softens the sudden loud outbursts.
Re: The Glorious Sounds of Nature [message #63657 is a reply to message #62578] Wed, 04 August 2010 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jayson is currently offline  Jayson
Esquire
My wife and I enjoy the crickets and frogs as we both grew up on farms. Our son has a noise machine that has a couple lullaby's on it and sounds and we will turn on the water one to relax. We all like it.
Re: The Glorious Sounds of Nature [message #63663 is a reply to message #63657] Thu, 05 August 2010 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
tali
Esquire
My daughter and I both use sound machines also to go to sleep at night. I love the sound of the waterfalls. She uses the lullaby twinkle twinkle little star, because I use to sing it to her to put her to sleep.
Previous Topic: Today's Political Message
Next Topic: Romeo and Juliet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 13:36:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout