Home » Audio » Movies & Music » How do arrange your music?
How do arrange your music? [message #6256] Fri, 25 November 2005 22:07 Go to next message
2wo is currently offline  2wo
Baron
OK, so how do you all sort your music.

Me, I have a mess and can never find what I am looking for.

So, do you sort by type or just A-toZ.

All little-girl-with-guitar, on one side. Blues masters on one the other?

Or what?

I am going to post this in more than one place. So don’t have a fit…John

Re: How do arrange your music? [message #6257 is a reply to message #6256] Sat, 26 November 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I don't. It just ends up where it ends up.

Re: How do arrange your music? [message #6258 is a reply to message #6256] Sat, 26 November 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
I just put them in alfabetic order and use a lp or cd (One I seldom listen to ) with a very distinctive color to seperate types of music. Any system will work as long as you stick to it. Once it becomes a habit things get much easier I use the first letters of the last name of the group or artist. So I don't end up with a bunch of "the" somethings lumped together. Also when I pull out a cd or lp to play I pull the one on the left so it sticks out and when I go to return it I know where it goes. I don't have to trust my memory which is subject to Old Timers. I'm sure there are better ways of doing it but this works for my meager collection.

Re: How do arrange your music? [message #6259 is a reply to message #6258] Sat, 26 November 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Ever see the movie,"Diner"?
Where Ellen Barkin is berated by her husband for mis-filing James Brown in the Jazz section of his record collection?
Great movie; hard to find time to file CD's and records simply because there are just too many; last count I couldn't count em all. I have them in boxes and bags and shelves all over the house like a nutcase. And still buying even though I have CD's I have never heard all the way through. I once calculated that if I listened to one whole album or CD everday it would take me more than the number of years I have left to hear them all.
Dumb.

Re: How do arrange your music? [message #6260 is a reply to message #6259] Sat, 26 November 2005 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
Never have seen that movie. I don't get out much Sounds like you need to have a garage sale if you have so many CD's & LP's you never listen to. I only have about 120 Lp's & 30 CD's so I go through them every so often and start over. I don't buy many because I hate to buy something I wont listen to.

Re: How do arrange your music? [message #6262 is a reply to message #6256] Sun, 27 November 2005 08:53 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Alphabetically

Previous Topic: I never heard of the "Demmy" Awards, have you?
Next Topic: 7/11
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 18:16:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout