Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Build my own subs (to build or not to build...)
Re: Build my own subs [message #62436 is a reply to message #62434] Thu, 29 April 2010 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mr16track is currently offline  mr16track
Esquire
I saw that post, actually. I think I would like to build the pi horns. I'm a SoundBridge fan, but I'm not sure I could afford SoundBridge subs.

I'm no sound tech fanatic... What I mean is this: I don't understand all of the charts and graphs laid out for each of those cabs. I want to build something that is going to sound fantastic, and I need to find something that has a proven track record. I wish I knew how to design a box, but wishing is as much as I want to devote to that area. My wife will KILL me if I get into another hobby that carves every second of my waking existence!

The PI horns look like they do exactly what I need. I want a cabinet that will rattle your guts, and sound fantastic. I want to build them rather than buy, because of two reasons: 1. I would take great satisfaction from an experience like that, & 2. I don't have $6400.00!!!

Do you think a pair of the PI horns will do what I need? I am also considering building a set of the Selenium Dual 18" subs...

The SoundBridge tops have dual 15" drivers... They "kick" enough. What I want is a lot of "meat" to back them up. I can set my crowns to X-over at 80Hz with a 24db per octave setting, so that would be good, clean, and efficient, I think...

Lady, I'm sorry... I can't hear you with my in-ear monitors!!!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Ultrasone Headphone Tip of the Month