Home » xyzzy » Tower » Corey Haim, dead at 38
Re: Corey Haim, dead at 38 [message #62332 is a reply to message #62324] Sun, 11 April 2010 22:06 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Man, I'm really sorry about your son. I've seen too many good young people die from drug overdose. It's really weird to know someone for years, watch them grow from a sweet little baby to a really good boy or girl to a teenager and then fall into that hole. Not only is it terribly sad but it's unbelievable. I've known a few that died that way and I still can't believe it. No matter how much time passes, I just can't believe it. I remember all our conversations, still see their faces.

Sorry, I know that's close to home. I will say this, it is therapeutic to be involved in a twelve step program, and to help others in that same shape. Throwing a line to those still alive feels like throwing a line to those that have gone ahead of us.

If a person is involved in the program (AA, NA, CA or Alanon), they'll see plenty alcoholics and addicts that get sober and stay that way. It's heartwarming. Of course, if you're involved, you'll also see some that die drunk and/or high. Many just don't get clean, they can't, and so you see some fall off. You can't save 'em - they have to do it all. But some do it, and when you see that, it's a miracle, a strength, and it's very healing. You may see some fall by the wayside, but you'll see plenty of them rise up out of their wasteland, grow stronger, start families and become pillars of the community. I know one US sentator that's my age, an example of this very thing.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Audiophile-Quality CD's
Next Topic: Gary Coleman Dead At 42
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 17:17:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio