Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Just received a set of 2 Pi's ...
Just received a set of 2 Pi's ... [message #62263] Sat, 03 April 2010 19:48 Go to previous message
Danzhifi is currently offline  Danzhifi
Esquire
... from an Audiogon seller...and I'm pretty excited !! I've been listening on a 38wpc tube amp and it's sounding pretty nice. These, I'm told, are older speakers. They have been upgraded with the Vifa DX25 tweeters.

I opened them up to check inside. I see a 10 uF Solen cap in series and a 16 ohm Dayton damping resistor. There is fiberglass insulation on all surfaces except one long side. Sound right?

They are very dynamic with great tone and an ease to them that my smaller 7" 2 ways never mustered. Large open sound stage too.

I've already considered building them into towers (Wayne please send plans). Can tower dimensions be adjusted to accomodate a narrower ( say 12") baffle? A little searching showed several builders adjusting the 1 Pi into towers. Even some mention of a 2.5 way version for 1 and 2 Pi towers, did this ever transpire?

I heard one builder mention using a .5 mH inductor on the 8" driver. Does this help upper roll off? Would the 10" benefit from this as well?

Just looking for ways to maximize the speakers potential. Thanks in advance for any and all input guys!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 8 Pi horn and woofer?
Next Topic: 3 Pi Modifications
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 09 22:06:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects