Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » I've Got A Problem
I've Got A Problem [message #61882] Tue, 16 February 2010 19:51 Go to next message
Mavare
Baron
I am trying to install speakers in my mobile home and the sound just seems like it echos! Mad It's driving me insane. Is there some sort of stand I can put the speakers on that will help? Right now I have them mounted near the ceiling on both sides of the living room. The sound is not cool, not cool at all! Confused
Re: I've Got A Problem [message #61889 is a reply to message #61882] Wed, 17 February 2010 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You probably have a problem with reflections and with room modes. For the reflections, try absorbant material like curtains, acoustic tile or foam wedges. For room modes, you might try the multisub approach.

Re: I've Got A Problem [message #61905 is a reply to message #61889] Thu, 18 February 2010 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mavare
Baron
Thanks Wayne. I'll try some tapestries around the room and see what I can do. I like tapestries anyway so that would suit me fine. I want to put up a curtain at the entrance to the hallway to the bedrooms too and that would probably help more.
Re: I've Got A Problem [message #62047 is a reply to message #61905] Thu, 11 March 2010 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mavare
Baron
I finally got curtains installed on the walls surrounding the speakers. The sound is much, much better. Now it doesn't sound like I'm in a tunnel listening to the great Oz! Very Happy
Re: I've Got A Problem [message #62700 is a reply to message #61882] Sat, 15 May 2010 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CountryFried
Chancellor
Glad those tapestries worked for you. I had never really thought of that making a difference in the performance of stereo speakers. Maybe now I can fix this problem in my son's bedroom....or else buy some earplugs! Confused

~CountryFried~
Re: I've Got A Problem [message #62791 is a reply to message #62700] Wed, 19 May 2010 00:23 Go to previous message
jimdgoulding is currently offline  jimdgoulding
Chancellor
Dude, say ye you have your speakers mounted or suspended in corners toward the ceiling? Your listening room is your living room, I gather, and your speakers need to be out of the way. I can understand if that's the case. Indulge us further . . any chance you can get them on stands and what kind of speakers are they? Thanks.

Hear your music, not your speakers
Previous Topic: Distance to furniture
Next Topic: Room acoustics - Treatments and Installation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 13:32:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers