Home » Audio » General » Variations on Pi Speakers (Studio Pi Towers)
Variations on Pi Speakers [message #61444] Sun, 22 November 2009 19:12 Go to next message
KTuttle is currently offline  KTuttle
Esquire
I'm considering some of the variations of the Pi Towers, interested in some of the variants that are shown on the fredt300b photos. Some are tuned differently and others have used gr and Vifa tweeters. And are some labeled Studio's? Which combos have better synergy, as far a sounding better together?
Since Fred has had experience with these variations, I hope he would weigh in on his favorite combos.

Also, is there info to look at for Fred's Selah Audio Texas Revelator Towers? They too should have higher WAF than my
LaScalas.

Thanks to Wayne for his timely input. Lots of bang for the buck!

Back to listening to Downright, Upright!
Kevin
Re: Variations on Pi Speakers [message #61506 is a reply to message #61444] Sat, 05 December 2009 10:08 Go to previous message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Sorry for the delayed respsonse. Somehow I missed this thread.

The One Pi Tower is a standard One Pi Studio speaker installed in a larger floorstanding enclosure. The greater interior volume of the floorstandign enclosure provides a bit more bass extension than the standmount, and I believe floorstanders look better too. You can build a pair by ordering two One Pi kits from Pi Speakers. You'll also need two 4" ports which are available from Parts Express. Here's a highly regarded amplifier manufacturer's comments about this speaker:
http://www.iol.ie/~waltonaudio/pione.html

The Texas Revelator Tower is a kit from Selah Audio. It's quite a bit more expensive than the one pi, but still very reasonably priced at $1,500 considering the fact that it uses three $225 Scan Speak Revelator drivers per side. Here's the link to some discussion about this speaker: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=66179.0
Previous Topic: Been other places for awhile but not idle
Next Topic: Advice on assessing stereo components
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 13:34:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout