Home » Audio » Speaker » Center Channel to go with my ART Arrays
Center Channel to go with my ART Arrays [message #61361] Tue, 10 November 2009 07:06 Go to next message
dbishopbliss is currently offline  dbishopbliss
Chancellor
I am completely ignorant when it comes to designing speakers. I can build, just don't know anything about designing.

I'm going to use my ART arrays in my home theater. I would like to use the same drivers for a center channel speaker. I don't want to make a MMMMTMMMM or even a MTM for a variety of reasons that I'm sure people reading this know already.

I'm would like to make either "bookshelf" style enclosure using the same tweeter and woofer, or possibly a "half array" with the tweeter and 4 woofers.

Here are my questions:
* What dimensions should I use for the bookshelf enclosure?
* What dimensions should I use for the half array enclosure?
* Would I use the same crossover as in the ART array? If not, how would I change it?

I'm hoping the answer is simple... use the same crossover, and just chop one array in half, but I thought I would check. Thanks for your help. I can't wait to hear these things (so close, just waiting for veneer before installing drivers).
Re: Center Channel to go with my ART Arrays [message #61362 is a reply to message #61361] Tue, 10 November 2009 07:49 Go to previous message
Marlboro
Illuminati (1st Degree)
The answer may be fairly simple.

Most people who use line arrays find that they don't need a center speaker.
Previous Topic: driver mounting -- outside or inside of baffle.
Next Topic: Choosing Tweeters and Midranges and woofers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 18 01:17:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout