Home » Audio » Speaker » second array already in the works
Re: second array already in the works [message #61157 is a reply to message #60711] Sun, 11 October 2009 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Villain3g is currently offline  Villain3g
Chancellor
I haven't forgotten about my line array dreams. I've been weighing options like cost and complexity.

I was wondering about the length of the tweeter line. A line of 32 modified Tang Band 13-1264SA would only be about 26.5". I was considering doubling that number to 64 tweeters per line. That would make the line closer to 53". Would this provide a noticeable pushback of the far-field transition? If so, then it might be worth the investment.

I'm also interested in bi-amping with an active crossover. Is that an active crossover in your setup Eric? Does it perform to your liking?

The Tymphany TPY04WO4O0016 are a 4" woofer that head down to 66hz. They should be able to meet up with my subs. Their flanges will allow for 4-3/16" spacing, sufficient for crossing them at 3khz.

So, my setup as of now looks like 32 or 64 tweeters and 16 woofers per channel, bi-amped with an active crossover crossed at 3k.

The drivers are going to come to about $1k... I guess that's on the low end of the spectrum for line arrays.

32 tweeters per line will get me down to about $720.

What say you?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Comb Filtering Misconceptions
Next Topic: Dedicated horn loaded mid -- big disappointment.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 01 11:54:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio