Home » Audio » Speaker » Bose Line Array (L1 portable line array)
Re: Bose Line Array [message #61006 is a reply to message #60997] Thu, 24 September 2009 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Some might be surprised to hear me saying this, but the Bose line array is an excellent product because it does the job it's intended to do very well. It is intended for use in smaller venues as a substitute for the traditional two way 15" woofer plus horn tweeter pro audio standmount enclosures used by musicians. These cabinets are large and heavy, they require a separate mixer and amp, and they are an overkill for the typcial restaurant or bar gig. Setting them up is a pita. The Bose is compact and light, making it easy to carry, and it sets up in about a minute. It will play loud enough for a small venue, and it doesn't sound overly loud to the band when it is set up directly behind them. I saw some specs somewhere, and I believe I saw the hf extension is to about 12khz, which is fine for a restaurant or club gig. Like most Bose products, to me it seems overpriced for what it is.

The characteristics that make this a good product for its intended purpose are either irrelevant (easy set-up) or counter productive (limited dynamic range, comb filtering, etc) for a home audio system.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Tweeter Options for Line Arrays
Next Topic: Crossover Question about building line arrays