Home » Audio » Speaker » Widerange midwoofers, specs, and x-o pts...
Re: Widerange midwoofers, specs, and x-o pts... [message #60999 is a reply to message #60998] Wed, 23 September 2009 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Marlboro
Illuminati (1st Degree)
You're getting too excited here, Dark Moebius.

I was simply describing how dome tweeters can work if you do some special gyrations to make them happen. They are special gyrations, but I seem to be the only one who has taken the time to make them happen.

Newbies here need to know that this is possible, though difficult. While Rick is not directly responding to me, everyone on both here and PE, knows that I have used domes with my line array, and everyone that I know or ever saw, except for the PipeDream people's 81,000 buck devices, have used ribbons.

While I have a short trigger sometimes, and Rick is really good at pressing my buttons when I'm not paying attention, my only purpose is to correct any fallacies that I see in terms of line array building.

You or anyone else has that right also. You, or Rick or Fred, can disagree with the use of domes in line arrays. I don't have a problem with that. But you cannot tell all the newbies that using them will cause unacceptable comb filter distortion, without me stepping in and, as politely as I can, saying, "No, that's not correct, if, and only IF, you do it this way." And I've described the way.

I do have to apologize for flipping out before. I really don't like to be letting my buttons be pressed.

Everyone here has specific biases. Rick has made it pretty clear that he thinks Krutke's measurements of Fountek tweeters are wrong, but he's not been will to offer any counter measures to show that other than his own viewpoint.

I maintain my right to explain when someone has made an incorrect statement and my way to fix it. Except for Fred and I(and I hope I am wrong), we may be the only DIY people(meaning we don't offer finished items or kits for sale) who have actually built line arrays from scratch using Jim Griffin's white paper that have a tweeter array as part of the system. I believe everyone else may have built one of Rick's kits. This is great, and i encourage everyone to build what they feel comfortable with doing. But when you do it completely yourself, you've learned things that you won't learn in any other way.

Kind regards and thanks for sharing,

Marlboro

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message