Home » Audio » Speaker » Crossover Question about building line arrays
Re: Crossover Question about building line arrays [message #60992 is a reply to message #60991] Wed, 23 September 2009 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
selahaudio is currently offline  selahaudio
Baron
jp wrote on Wed, 23 September 2009 13:51
Hello Rick
You say :""There are some options. DBX has a DSP crossover (DriveRack PA+)for $500. Built better than the Behringer and also has parametric EQ for baffle step and response contouring. I also have access to a 3-way DSP crossover that includes ICE amps. It's more expensive, but for $2,000 you have six amp channels and a DSP crossover""

Is the difference between Behringer and DBX worth the change ?
Tell us more about this 2000 $ 3 way DSP Crossover, it seems to be in between the DBX and DEQX , where to get it from and what's the make and model ?
Thanks
JP

I've not compared the DBX and Behringer side-by-side but an earlier version of the DBX that I heard worked well for my customer. You probably could find some opinions on a pro audio site because that's where the two are primarily used.

The unit I mentioned is only available to OEM's as far as I know. There may be something available from Hypex that's similar but I don't know if it's in production yet.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Bose Line Array
Next Topic: Widerange midwoofers, specs, and x-o pts...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 15:10:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio