Home » Audio » Speaker » Why would I not? (Trying to decide reference system over a line array)
Re: Why would I not? [message #60947 is a reply to message #60945] Mon, 21 September 2009 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Marlboro
Illuminati (1st Degree)
That sounds pretty much like the special benefits of a line array.

As the volume goes up the amount of distortion remains low due to the total percentage of sound handled by each speaker. Smoother frequency response could impact too, I agree, but there is a limit to how much difference the human ear can hear. In a strict tone point I sure that some people can hear better than +/- 5 db, but using music, I'm not sure, nor have I seen any research to suggest it, that on multiple plays with real music people can hear the difference between different frequency response patterns. Add to that the researched fact that a) not all humans actually hear the same, and b) that the perception of different ranges of sound differs from person to person, and c) that no one listens to their music in an anechoic chamber so that no matter how "flat" the plot might be in the Anecohoic chamber in listening rooms, and the seat of listening that is all blown to He**.

So the bottom line is probably total harmonic distortion, not frequency response, and line arrays all excell at lowered THD.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message