Home » Audio » General » My wife says I have a problem?
My wife says I have a problem? [message #60829] Thu, 10 September 2009 22:36 Go to previous message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Well, I stopped by an estate sale on the way home and same home with a Realistic STA-11 receiver and a pair of Nova-10 speakers. The STA-11 has almost identical specs to the STA-111 (which you can see pics of on the net), but has an analog tuner dial instead of the digital display. I like the old analog tuner dials better anyway--they just look cool. Puts out 30wpc and has a phono section as well. The speakers are a sealed cabinet type with an 8" woofer, 8" radiator, and a little 2" tweeter with a small dome on it. They have the lattice grills on them as well. The speakers and receiver were owned by a little old lady who bought them new (they even came with the manuals. I doubt the speakers are even broke in! There isn't so much as a smudge on the real wood veneered cabinets or lattice, and the receiver looks like it just came off the shelf. Hooked the pair up and the speakers sound pretty damn good. They do vocals and anything with mids very, very well. But they are only 90dB efficient, but they might work well with a flea powered amp as they really aren't meant to be pushed hard.

For $30 I just couldn't pass it up. I have no idea what I'll do with them yet, but even the wifey thought the pieces looked very nice.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Bottlehead / DIY Meeting - Houston, Sept 19th
Next Topic: Thoughts on this kit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 29 09:31:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio