Home » Audio » Speaker » New Pipedreams and woofer/driver horiz spacing...
Re: New Pipedreams and woofer/driver horiz spacing... [message #60668 is a reply to message #60652] Tue, 25 August 2009 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
darkmoebius2 is currently offline  darkmoebius2
Baron
Eric J wrote on Fri, 21 August 2009 16:45
After 60 years of being taken(and not taken) for a ride by smart people who do dumb things
I can't really argue with that thought, too many examples to prove it right!

I need to drive an hour or so north of where I live to a dealer who has a set of (supposedly) vastly improved Pipedreams clones for sale.
Quote:
I was the West Coast Pipedreams rep for several years. We used Pipedreams on three different occasions at CES when I was the GamuT importer. Ole Lun Christensen was at my house after the recent CES. He agrees that the Tonian Line Array's are better than any Pipedreams ever made.

I contracted Tonian Labs to take the best of the Pipedreams design and eliminate the flaws.... The major flaws of the original Pipedreams are as follows; electronic cross-over the cross-over designed for Nearfield had problems, most hummed.
(That is why they contracted us at GamuT to design a new unit for them) Second, they used cheap drivers The tweeters and woofers were off the shelf units.

Tonian Labs has used some of the best drivers available for our design. We used the Seas tweeter 30k plus and the Audax top of the line air-jell woofers.
It would interesting to hear how these sound. (not that I could afford them)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: HE indoor/outdoor speaker ideas?
Next Topic: Smoothing Effect on FR of multiple speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 17 11:57:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout