Home » Audio » Speaker » Need suggestions for a lower range horn to mate with new Mid/High horns
Re: Midhorns and boundary loading [message #60636 is a reply to message #60622] Thu, 20 August 2009 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
noviygera is currently offline  noviygera
Chancellor
Wayne,

What I got out of the last post is that I will get a midbass horn and see what works in my room. But thank you for going in depth over the competing priorities. Though, it would be too difficult for me to predict how the room would interact with the speaker. Maybe there is software that does it all...
I narrowed my selection to two options: one is the DDS 10 pro, another a private copy of the EAW MR102L.
I have all the dimensions and driver specs and I modeled both horns in hornresp to see which one would perform better. Here is the result (half space):
index.php?t=getfile&id=51&private=0

The black curve is the EAW copy, the grey is DDS 10pro.

The DDS goes lower but it has some ripples in the responce, its a big horn, though being 34" deep!
The EAW copy "looks" better to me, even though it does not go a s deep it has a smoother response. It's smaller as well.

Any thoughts on which would work better in a basement space?
Thanks,
Herman

• Attachment: hornresp1.JPG
    (Size: 32.58KB, Downloaded 4205 times)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: using a wall of 15" woofers for bass.
Next Topic: Maggie in High Heels
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Aug 26 02:15:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout