Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Really good albums . . newly acquired or stalwarts
Really good albums . . newly acquired or stalwarts [message #60418] Sat, 18 July 2009 09:12 Go to next message
jimdgoulding is currently offline  jimdgoulding
Chancellor
Karrin Allyson- In Blue (Concord Jazz). This is a feel good and relaxes me album. It cooks but it's so open and swinging stress just floats away. Highly recommended.

Hear your music, not your speakers
Re: Really good albums . . newly acquired or stalwarts [message #60419 is a reply to message #60418] Sat, 18 July 2009 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Thanks for the tip, I'm putting a couple Karrin Allyson records in my shopping cart right now.

http://www.litchfieldjazzfest.com/uploads/images/photos/2007/KarrinAllysonLJF07_Sussman.jpg
Re: Really good albums . . newly acquired or stalwarts [message #61110 is a reply to message #60419] Tue, 29 September 2009 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
The Individualism of Gil Evans (Verve).

Re: Really good albums . . newly acquired or stalwarts [message #61121 is a reply to message #60418] Wed, 30 September 2009 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marlboro
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Last years James Taylor Christmas album.

Exquisitely recorded.
Re: Really good albums . . newly acquired or stalwarts [message #61125 is a reply to message #60418] Wed, 30 September 2009 19:35 Go to previous message
Chancellor
Speaking of exquisitely recorded, Benjamin Britton's The Turn of the Screw (Naxos) has some of the truest sounding classical vocal rendition that I know of. Better than the London's, DG's, and whatnots that I have. Warning . . this is contemporary classical music. Kind of dear to me as I happened to catch the premier in London on a two week stay tho I confess that I was, at the time, anxious for intermission so I could slug down a couple of whiskeys (which I did). It's in English, BTW.

Thanks, Marlboro, keep em coming.

Previous Topic: www.magnatune.com
Next Topic: Is Star Trek "Nemesis" worth $5?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 01 03:16:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio