Home » Audio » General » New to Car Audio
New to Car Audio [message #59629] Sat, 04 July 2009 06:01 Go to previous message
papy2000 is currently offline  papy2000
Esquire
Hey guys, new to the forum and new to the world of car audio. I have been doing some reading on the forum and love the personality here

I drive a Dodge Nitro SUV and am looking to get some sort of system for it. I don't have a ton of cash to blow, but I have enough (I think) to get me a decent set up.

I am a rap/country guy, so I need something with some bump but won't distort the music.

I am looking to buy and install at my local Best Buy or Circuit City (any preference here?), and I would like to keep my budget between $400-$800 including install if possible. (Is this a realistic number?)

I was thinking a single 12" sub, and maybe some nice speakers to replace the stock ones up front, plus an amp to power it all. What do you guys recommend as far as brands and prices? I am looking for some crisp sound, and will sacrifice some "thump" to keep the sound crisp and clean.

Keep in mind, I am new to all of this, and it is over my head, so forgive me if I sound n00bish. Any help you can provide is appreciated.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Best Headphone For Children
Next Topic: Surge protectors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 07:03:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects