Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Help please ... from the bottom up (Four Pi questions)
Re: Help please ... from the bottom up [message #59555 is a reply to message #59553] Tue, 30 June 2009 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
The Audio Note speakers are most like the two π tower speaker. They are very similar in sound and appearance.

One thing the two π tower offers is deep bass in a relatively small package, at least in terms of footprint. It has the bass of a much larger speaker, and it doesn't cost much. Efficiency is high, but not as high as the four π Speaker.

The four π offers lower distortion and uniform directivity. It is a more refined speaker, better suited for critical listening, in my opinion.

Kits include the speaker drivers, the connector panel, hook up wires, "π" logo decal and a printed copy of the plans. For larger speakers that incorporate a compression tweeter and crossover network, kits also include the crossover, Zobel woofer damper, and all cable assemblies are completed and ready to install. Every kit containing a compression driver also includes the horn flare and the bolts to mount the driver to the horn.

Basically, kits come with everything but the materials to build the cabinet. Crossovers and wiring harnesses are pre-assembled, ready to install.

The four π cabinet (and the two π tower, for that matter) are pretty simple, just boxes really. As cabinets go, they're probably as simple as it gets.

I suggest either MDF or baltic birch for construction. If used outdoors or in environments with high humidity, baltic birch is better. If not, MDF is fine. Use a real wood veneer of your choice for appearance, or you can paint them.

Shipping to Denmark is going to be expensive. I used to ship overseas a lot, but in 2005, the postal service changed rates and insurance policies. I do not think they are a good way to go anymore. In my opinion, it would be best to source the drivers locally and only get the crossovers from me. You can also get the plans and source all the parts locally.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Please post pictures of Four Pi Pro
Next Topic: 4PI plan with JBL 2227 & Altec 909-8A on 811B