Home » Audio » Group Build » Group Build Projects
Group Build Projects [message #59509] Wed, 24 June 2009 10:23 Go to next message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Can we still access the Group Build project plans? If I recall correctly these were available in the old forum.
Re: Group Build Projects [message #59512 is a reply to message #59509] Wed, 24 June 2009 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Yes, the plans are here.

Thanks for reminding me - we need a link here somewhere, perhaps a sticky or something.
Re: Group Build Projects [message #63464 is a reply to message #59512] Wed, 21 July 2010 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JiminyCricket is currently offline  JiminyCricket
Baron
I had a quick look at the group build link (thanks). Not entirely sure what it is for though. People submit plans and work together on a project? Confused
Re: Group Build Projects [message #63466 is a reply to message #63464] Wed, 21 July 2010 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
JiminyCricket wrote on Wed, 21 July 2010 04:01
I had a quick look at the group build link (thanks). Not entirely sure what it is for though. People submit plans and work together on a project? Confused

A group build project is one where somebody has done the design work and built a prototype, then the project information is posted so anybody else can build it. In some cases a special price may have been negotiated with suppliers. For example, the parts for the Art Array project retail for about $400, but we negotiated a wholesale price of about $285 with Parts Express.
Re: Group Build Projects [message #63479 is a reply to message #63466] Thu, 22 July 2010 04:48 Go to previous message
JiminyCricket is currently offline  JiminyCricket
Baron
Hey thanks Audio Fred,

That is a cool idea. Very generous and a great way to spread knowledge. The discount side of it is good news too. This section definitely needs to be promoted.
Previous Topic: Art Array Improved Crossover
Next Topic: Sound Boxes - Calculating Dimensions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 17 09:46:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout