Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Bush Approval Rating Up
Polarization [message #59167 is a reply to message #59166] Fri, 22 December 2006 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I dunno, Fred. I think it's just propoganda, polarization of the population with sound bites and political rhetoric. The alternatives to Bush were Kerry and Gore. Pregnant Chad and Botox Boy. Would you rather have either or them? I'm still glad neither of those guys became president. Who I'd really like to see in office next time is Rudy Giuliani, but I don't know if he really would have a chance. Who do you think will run?

As for Google keyword loading, that's another story but I don't like it much. It's a game, one that I think is bullshit. The fact that the search engines don't implement procedures that pull out that kind of thing shows me that they aren't catalogging information in a useful way. Another hot button for me is the sale of trademarked phrases as search engine keywords. I suppose probably Harley Davidson can afford to police their trademark but what about all the smaller companies? I'm not sure they should have to pay Google to prevent them from selling their trademark to the highest bidder. Is it "fair use"? I think not.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Why I am not purchasing from MagneQuest
Next Topic: Lisa Nowak
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 13 03:23:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio