Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » I can't Believe This
Re: I can't Believe This [message #58794 is a reply to message #58793] Wed, 21 June 2006 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hey, the rebels who actually fought against Croatia for four years, made their so-called "Krajina" country, then lost the war and run away get the amnesty from Croatian goverment. That`s right - the amnesty, all the documents (IDs, passports,...), pension rights, right to their abandoned property + right to fix their houses (on the state account) destroyed in the war, etc. Only the war criminals (who tortured, killed, burned) can`t be amnested, but those people rarely return. Little by little "amnested" people returned, they have the equal rights like other cytizens - everything isn`t perfect, but normal life takes place, little by little. Some humanitar aid organisations and countries help a little in this process.

It isn`t the same situation, but what I tried to say is - civilized life can`t be based on cruelty, unjustice, "us and them", inflexibility and past "sins". Everything isn`t B&W, and compromised solutions (for the most of the people) can be found, with a little good will.
In all those debates about barbed wire fences, guns, etc. we somehow forgot that we are all brothers and sisters - and I don`t care how pathetic and "unrealistic" can this sound to someone...

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message