Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Another nice story
Me? I am a pacifist man! ;>) [message #58241 is a reply to message #58240] Sun, 16 April 2006 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Eldragon is currently offline  Eldragon
Viscount
Hi,

Ak has been longer around with minimal improvements, and I think it is the most durable, of the all in its class. I've talked to some former soldiers from Laos who were virtualy trowing away M16's in favor of AK's. But that was almost 40 years ago and M16 have since come long ways. Is it best? Hard to tell. Progress has moved forward in this industry too. Here in the US "Yugo" AK is highly sought version, and it is still rarest of all - with the heftiest price too!

CZ (yugo) version : The wood and workmanship of these rifles are almost the same as the Romanian but the most important variance is the metal thickness of the stamping. Other countries use the 1mm thickness the Yugoslavs used a 1.5mm thickness. This added thickness allows for more rigidity in the receiver while still allowing some flexing.

7.62 more knock-down power, better penetration...etc. I'll let you read an article:

Didn't you serve in JNA?

Regards!

Dragan

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message