Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » There are no hunting accidents
There are no hunting accidents [message #57941] Mon, 13 February 2006 17:08 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Growing up my father always said this to us kids concerning guns,"There are no accidents, there is only carelessness or stupidity."
No excuse.

Re: There are no hunting accidents [message #57942 is a reply to message #57941] Mon, 13 February 2006 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I have to agree with you here MB. I havnt been out in years, but it was always drilled in my head as a hunter to make sure you have a clear view and know exactly what your shooting at. or a wiggle in the trees or similar. Strange such a mishap was from someone you take to be intelligent.

Re: There are no hunting accidents [message #57943 is a reply to message #57942] Tue, 14 February 2006 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Hey Bill; where you been?
See you know the drill; as a kid I couldn't take more than two steps into the woods without one of the men telling me;,"Keep that damn gun down, watch the safety,remmember who's around you at all times, make absolutely sure of your target, then check again before you pull that trigger, blah,blah."
But I don't emmember any one of them ever shooting anyone.

Considering he was bird hunting [message #57944 is a reply to message #57943] Tue, 14 February 2006 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Old Brown Eyes is currently offline  Old Brown Eyes
Chancellor
That makes the whole matter even harder to understand/forgive. Unwritten rule, you don't shoot birds on the ground. And I hear he hunts from inside his car??? Real sportsman huh?

So I could understand, to some extent, if he was say deer hunting....but bird hunting??? Something don't add up! Kinda makes you wonder how many dogs he goes through.

Russ

Re: Considering he was bird hunting [message #57945 is a reply to message #57944] Tue, 14 February 2006 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
How many dogs; thats good.
I give up trying to figure these guys out. What people can possibly see in any of them in this administration is a complete mystery to me.
They all think they are Gods gift to mankind. And they do nothing for anyone except their buddies.
They think no one has the right to question anything they do.

Re: There are no hunting accidents [message #57947 is a reply to message #57941] Tue, 14 February 2006 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Man I remember the lectures growing up hunting! We never wore blaze orange back then, especially bird hunting. We usually wear an orange cap now, knowing that it's visiablility is invaluable. I had my Dad's accountant swing on me dove hunting one time at a farmstead that sloped down as I was walking up the outside edge. Heck we were all in a line and he just didn't even think. Pellets hit me way quicker than I could hit the ground. I was lucky and just ended up with pitted sunglasses and some pellets right under the skin. I'd been hunting with this guy for years and for some reason that day common sense just wasn't with him. Needless to say I never bird hunted with anyone else for about 10 years after that, including my Dad. Just didn't want to take the chance.

Re: There are no hunting accidents [message #57948 is a reply to message #57947] Wed, 15 February 2006 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yep; those lectures were something!
They waited 24 hrs to take the mandatory blood test required after a shooting accident; I think he was drunk. No reasonable hunter of his age would make that kind of error.

Re: There are no hunting accidents [message #57949 is a reply to message #57948] Wed, 15 February 2006 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
which of course explains how the victim was approaching from the rear: he had to stop and water a bush.
cheers,
Douglas

Re: There are no hunting accidents [message #57950 is a reply to message #57949] Wed, 15 February 2006 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yeah; now they are saying Carl Rove put in a call to the Worthington's the night of the shooting. Hah? Are they close friend's or something?
Oh what a crooked web we weave.
My dad says concerning the spin about him creeping up from behind,"Bullshit!".
Thats from an 83 yr old who has hunted all his life all over the U.S. for every kind of game you can name and who can't be conned.

Re: There are no hunting accidents [message #57952 is a reply to message #57941] Thu, 16 February 2006 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
WOuld you say the same to traffic accidents?

Previous Topic: The Truth
Next Topic: Old Towers, Part 6 :-)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 25 01:35:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout