Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Unbelieveable
Unbelieveable [message #57872] Sat, 21 January 2006 11:31 Go to next message
Leland Crooks is currently offline  Leland Crooks
Master
"when its thinking becomes ossified; when its energy begins to drain; when an entitlement mentality takes over; and when political power becomes an end in itself rather than a mean to achieve the common goal,”

Karl Rove, talking about the democrats. Huh?

Re: Unbelieveable [message #57873 is a reply to message #57872] Sat, 21 January 2006 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Did he have his eyepatch and sabre on him? Searching the archives there are so many dubious speeches that it's truely amazing how the Republican Hardcore Reactionary Neo-Cons can live with themselves they sound so disengenous.
I read there is forming in the house a co-alition of real Republicans who seek to return to the root thinking of Republicanism.
Fiscal responsibility/Less Government and less Government intrusion in personal lives/ prudent and carefull international diplomacy/ seperation of church and state / sound business legislation and job promotion / solid educational programs.
Sounds good to me.
That would eliminate cutting taxes while fighting a war. Eliminate the war period; protecting American jobs from outsourceing; allowing higher education credits; non-involvement in the culture wars; protecting the country from excess and illegal immigration. Lots more.

Re: Unbelieveable [message #57874 is a reply to message #57873] Sat, 21 January 2006 14:40 Go to previous message
Leland Crooks is currently offline  Leland Crooks
Master
"Did he have his eyepatch and sabre on him?"

Did you know there's a direct statistical correlation between the decline in the number of pirates and the increase in gobal warming? Maybe if we get Karl and crew to dress appropriately and say "arrgh" it will reverse the trend they say isn't happening.

I love statistics, you can make them find connections anywhere.

I totally agree. At one point in my life I considered turning republican. When they stood for the things you elaborated. Then I stopped taking acid. The Libertarian party is the last bastion for that kind of bridled government. But they have too many extreme positions to ever get any power.

Previous Topic: Autistic Spectrum Disorders
Next Topic: No faith in Government
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 29 10:13:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout