Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Say Colin; read Charlie's post?
Say Colin; read Charlie's post? [message #56814] Fri, 02 September 2005 20:19 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
He says all that stuff you showed me about federal emergency provisions is bullshit ; I believe Charlie. Sorry my Friend but he is an EYEWITNESS.

Hurricane assistance efforts [message #56819 is a reply to message #56814] Sat, 03 September 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

They may be having difficulties getting aid where it's needed. I don't think anyone in public service would stall rescue and aid efforts for any reason, certainly not political. I wouldn't want to think we were aiding the rest of the world at the expense of our own citizens. If nothing else, a lifetime of social security and tax payments gives the American citizen first dibs on the American aid resources. But in fairness, this hurricane wasn't planned. Other efforts were planned, so what may look like a herculean and rapid deployment may have been months or years in the making. The hurricane rescue effort has to be done right now, with no plan in place.

I can sure understand the emotions, and I don't feel that I could judge anyone for pretty much the whole gamut of attitudes and reactions. I can appreciate the opinion that rescue and aid efforts are going entirely too slow. I am pretty cynical about government agencies doing anything right, so I'm the first to have a tendency to point fingers. But I really don't think this should be made into a political argument, not at all.

Re: Hurricane assistance efforts [message #56820 is a reply to message #56819] Sat, 03 September 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I would love to be at liberty to be as generous as yourself but I believe deeply that the administration fell down on this job; whether that is a politically motivated result or just plain incompetence will remain to be seen; but they screwed up big time no dispute.

Re: Hurricane assistance efforts [message #56823 is a reply to message #56820] Sat, 03 September 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

John, we're buddies but I just don't agree. I don't think this is political at all. Why in the world would powerful members of any political party stall efforts at aiding hurricane victims of their own country? I mean, you know me, sometimes I look under the carpet to see what's underneath but this accusation just seems too far out there.

Re: Hurricane assistance efforts [message #56828 is a reply to message #56823] Sat, 03 September 2005 11:52 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
No one implied they deliberately stalled; we said they failed to do their job and re-act properly; that is their responsibility. There should have been resources in place/immediate response measures. I lived through 9/11 and within seconds there were teams at that site.
They are not stalling; they are incompetent. They can't do the job. They are failures at their assigned task.
That is the Federal Governments job and they failed at it.
If there was oil involved; there would have been troops/vehicles/supplies/men/medicine, there within hours.
Be honest here; that was a complete clusterfuck and they should be at the least firing someone up high for their incompetence.
No excuses.

Previous Topic: Explanation
Next Topic: GWB is showing his true colors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 16 13:17:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers