Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » ??
?? [message #56751] Fri, 26 August 2005 07:26 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
So let me see; we can't leave Iraq because if we do all those guys died for nothing. But the Iraqi's show no sign of forming this wonderfull democratic government the shrub was so proud to mention so that means we must stay. If they never get around to going with democracy then many more will die for nothing. So I am somewhat puzzled; how many have to die for nothing to make it a done deal?

4 die in one day in wake of Katrina. We need to pull out of Florida and cut our loses :-) [message #56752 is a reply to message #56751] Fri, 26 August 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr Vinyl is currently offline  Mr Vinyl
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Your premise is wrong that "Iraq's show no signs of forming this wonderful democratic government".

Let's see the had free elections with millions participating. Many more than expected. And they are working on a constitution. Sounds like they "are" showing signs of a "wonderful democratic government".

That said I am not saying if it will succeed or not. If it does succeed though, GW Bush goes down in history as one of the great presidents. Of course the Democrats can't have that. They will do everything in their power to make sure it doesn't. Stay tuned. It should be interesting.

Re: 4 die in one day in wake of Katrina. We need to pull out of Florida and cut our loses :-) [message #56753 is a reply to message #56752] Fri, 26 August 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yes of course; we see it working well so far.
If it doesn't succeed; what will that make him?
Define success.

Re: 4 die in one day in wake of Katrina. We need to pull out of Florida and cut our loses :-) [message #56754 is a reply to message #56753] Fri, 26 August 2005 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
"Yes of course; we see it working well so far"

Apparently this is in the eye of the beholder. No one ever said it would be quick or easy. And of course the odds are against it. But we will just have to wait and see.

"If it doesn't succeed; what will that make him?"

It would make him someone that tried to do the right thing for the country knowing the odds where against him. Also someone that did the right thing knowing how much was at stake both politically and morally. A man that put country first and not polls first. Basically a leader. Am I happy with everything that has gone on? No. Am I happy people had to die? No.

"Define success"

Freedom, Democracy in Iraq. A safer US and world in the long run. (note: I said long run. Of course during the war, things will get more dangerous.)The very things that the terrorists are against. However it was very important to show the enemies of the US that we would not sit idly by and let evil deeds go unpunished (AKA Clinton). They now know we mean business (as long as there is a true Republican in office anyway). This in and of it self could be defined as success in my book.

Re: 4 die in one day in wake of Katrina. We need to pull out of Florida and cut our loses :-) [message #56755 is a reply to message #56754] Fri, 26 August 2005 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
So Iraq is where the terrorists went? And is that who we are fighting there?
We have no interest at all in the oil reserves there?

Now you getting it... [message #56756 is a reply to message #56755] Fri, 26 August 2005 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Of course we have interests in the oil there. That is also where the terrorists are. And the terrorists didn't go there. They always were there. Terrorists are all over the middle east. They are like roaches. And Bush is the can of RAID.

Re: Now you getting it... [message #56757 is a reply to message #56756] Fri, 26 August 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Are there any good people there and how do you tell them apart?

Good question... [message #56758 is a reply to message #56757] Fri, 26 August 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
You can tell the terrorists because they are the ones shooting at the coalition forces. Another indication is they have bombs in their cars or strapped to their bodies.

I see we are getting silly now.

Yes, there are good people over there [message #56759 is a reply to message #56757] Fri, 26 August 2005 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Let me see..... Oh yeah, my wife is Arab......Colin

Re: Good question... [message #56760 is a reply to message #56758] Fri, 26 August 2005 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I'll tell you why I ask. Let us agree there is a sizable force of individuals; call them insurgents/terrorists/loyalists/ whatever; but we must be honest and agree there is a sizable amount indicated by the serious and effective resistance they are putting up against an overwhelming force both numerically and technologically.
There is an old military saying that goes an army of ten requires a support team of thirty. Lets add the numbers of fighters to the numbers of required support personell. Now we have quite a large group covering a sizable area.
That mobile insurgency needs to be moved around/housed/fed/provided with intelligence/medical care/and money. That is a logistical feat in itself. Now when you add the concept of rerwards offered to the population for any info that results in a capture you also must have all of this behaviour done in secrecy.
The numbers of fighters for Iraq independence would then by definition need a huge and dedicated well supplied armed and protected support system.
That means much of the population has provided in some way for the existance of these freedom fighters.
Now I ask; does that sound like they are on our side?
That they voted for a democratic system modeled after our own when their fledgling constitution provides for rule by Sharia or Islamic theocratic law?
Where are the democratic members of the provisional govt that support the U.S. Occupation? They support our funding and when that ceases they will abandon all pretense of adopting our ways.

Previous Topic: John Doe
Next Topic: Sunni's Refuse To Sign
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 17 10:15:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout