Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » This is just fabulous
This is just fabulous [message #56628] Fri, 12 August 2005 15:54 Go to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I heard about a story on ABC last night that concerned the Museum of Earth History, in Eureka Springs, Ark. I thought I'd check them out.

I found they have pages talking about dinosaurs, and there's an interesting sentence (quoted)

"Most scientists today believe that human pressure was the most significant factor in animal extinction, including dinosaurs (Science, June 8, 2001, p n1819, 1888-1896)."

Is there a person alive today that is worthy of the appellation "scientist" who believes this?

I claim that's impossible - but if anyone who does believe this thinks that he/she is a scientist, I whole-heartedly recommend they eat a bullet.

No wonder people look down on the South.

Re: This is just fabulous [message #56629 is a reply to message #56628] Fri, 12 August 2005 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Just for completeness, here's the citation. The lying bastards (read devoted christians) reference a computer simulation of the effect of hunting on the large herbivore population of North America.

No mention of f'n dinos tho. Scumbags.

Re: This is just fabulous [message #56630 is a reply to message #56629] Fri, 12 August 2005 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Whut in tarnation err you talkin' about; din't you never see them Flintstones? Barney and Fred both hunted Dinosaurs; it showed hit right there ohn the TeeVee.
I seed it myownself.

Re: This is just fabulous [message #56631 is a reply to message #56628] Fri, 12 August 2005 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
This is great stuff; God only put young dinosaurs on the Ark because they would need to have the ability to reproduce after the flood receded; and it would have been hard to put a full grown Saurapod on the Ark, nyuk,nyuk.
Calling Dr. Fine,Dr. Howard,Dr. Fine. Wooowowowo! I'll murdilise yous!

So tell me DR. where do you practice medicine?
I don't have to practice, I already know it.

Take the Tax exemption away, take it away now. These weasals need to be straightened out. Living on our dime.

This isn't so far fetched as you might think.... [message #56633 is a reply to message #56630] Sat, 13 August 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr Vinyl is currently offline  Mr Vinyl
Illuminati (1st Degree)
My wife actually works with someone that refuses to eat pork because she saw the movie "Babe". Seems she never realized how intelligent pigs were until she saw this movie.

In case you don't know "Babe" is a Disney movie about a talking pig.

Re: This isn't so far fetched as you might think.... [message #56634 is a reply to message #56633] Sat, 13 August 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Sure; I have kids. Babe was a great movie. And I also know pigs are pretty smart; I would say they are as smart as dogs. I know they can be trained but more than that they have a native animal intelligence like dogs; you know feelings and emotions. As you probably guessed I am a dog lover.

Re: This is just fabulous [message #56635 is a reply to message #56628] Sat, 13 August 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
You have to go to Eureka Springs to really appreciate it. IfI remember correctly, it was a forgotten town that was revitalized during the sixties as a hippie-haven. I was there about 10 years ago, and time still has not caught up with it. Fun place with lots of character. If you are ever in that part of the country, it's well worth the visit.

Ifanyone reading makes it there, stay at the "Crescent Hotel." ......Colin

Re: This isn't so far fetched as you might think.... [message #56636 is a reply to message #56634] Sat, 13 August 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Yes, in the end you really can`t say who is a pig and who`s a man...
(The end of "Animal Farm" by G. Orwell)

Re: This isn't so far fetched as you might think.... [message #56638 is a reply to message #56636] Sat, 13 August 2005 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
All Pigs are equal,
but some pigs are more equal than others

Re: This is just fabulous [message #56639 is a reply to message #56635] Sat, 13 August 2005 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
So Colin; how was the Museum?

Previous Topic: My Hero!
Next Topic: Cindy's single soon
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 30 10:25:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio