Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Martha Stewart is out!
Martha Stewart is out! [message #56131] Fri, 04 March 2005 06:02 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

But her stock is in!

It's hard to fault Martha [message #56132 is a reply to message #56131] Fri, 04 March 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
As an article in Salon said today "Stewart is prosecuted for smudged ink in her datebook while Enron execs roam free over the Texas tundra."

I really think there's a large dose of successful-woman-as-a-bitch working here, not to mention the undeniable fact that she's a big Democratic donor prosecuted by a GOP Atty Gen'l.

Re: Martha Stewart is out! [message #56133 is a reply to message #56131] Fri, 04 March 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Maybe she should hook up with Ebbers that ran World Com or the execs from Enron, they can cook the books while Martha manipulates the stock to see how many billons she can make before she gets busted again

Re: It's hard to fault Martha [message #56134 is a reply to message #56132] Sat, 05 March 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Gee; could that be?? Naah; the Republicans would never be so vindictive.
Easy target while their friends at Enrape stole how many peoples retirement funds?
Lesson for all the Personal Savings Account crowd.

Re: Martha Stewart is out! [message #56135 is a reply to message #56131] Sat, 05 March 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Chance is gone the value is already priced in the stock. I shoulda bought when they announced the indictment.

Ahhh, how could you miss it [message #56136 is a reply to message #56131] Mon, 07 March 2005 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rnhood is currently offline  rnhood
Chancellor
Clearly our economy has been perculating right along just as expected. Part of Stewart stock evaluation has to be tied to the general positive economy.

There are things that are never going to happen:

1. I am not going to live forever.

2. I will never understand how anyone would have predicted doom and gloom a couple years ago when it was clear where we were heading with the policies at play. Yet just look around at the various forums - like the outside. People everywhere were preaching the end was imminent and running for cover. Go figure...

People can bitch and spit all they want on our adminstration - all the while the intelligent investor continues to amass wealth and prepare for their retirement, exactly like they should. Even today these is a small amount of excess valuation in stocks. But, investors are not likely to let that get out of hand again. The market is exactly where is should be today. And, it will be rising looking through the remainder of this year. Look at the construction index and capital purchasing indexes - the GNP...see, see....

Re: Ahhh, how could you miss it [message #56138 is a reply to message #56136] Mon, 07 March 2005 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I thought it was pretty cool. Funny too! Martha was no doubt horrified to go to prison, and it had to have been a bad experience for her. She probably really suffered, if you think about it. Definite culture shock and probably a lot of fear as to what her future would bring. But talk about bouncing back, that stock did better than any insider trading or planning could have caused.

I can just see Bernie Ebbers changing his strategy and asking for 6 months in...

Re: Martha Stewart is out! [message #56139 is a reply to message #56135] Mon, 07 March 2005 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I have a bunch of Worldcom stock, you think maybe it'll bounce back?

Re: It's hard to fault Martha [message #56140 is a reply to message #56134] Mon, 07 March 2005 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I just get a big smile seeing how that stock bounced back. Disregarding any politics, it's amazing, both humorous and good fortune! She probably made more money in prison than she did before she went in. I'm gonna start calling her Godmother Stewart!

Re: It's hard to fault Martha [message #56141 is a reply to message #56140] Thu, 10 March 2005 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Her company was well run and generous; there was never a problem with them. She should have just told the truth and said to hell with it. They would have cut her a deal and all would be happy. Strictly a personality clash.
Like my mom always said; tell the truth and it will be hard on you; lie and it will be murder!

Previous Topic: speaking of stupid/crazy audio products...
Next Topic: Bernie
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 11 07:54:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout