Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Peterson
Peterson [message #56033] Tue, 14 December 2004 19:04 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I think he is probably guilty but;... whatever happened to the concept of evidence?? The media interviews after the trial.. jeez; the redhead said she voted for death because of "little man",, the reporters were confused and had to ask twice what the heck she was talking about. It turns out "little man" was the fetus. Thats why she voted to kill peterson; because of the fetus. He never showed remorse was another one. What should you do if your wife and son are murdered; does the concept of shock mean anything. They wanted him crying and groveling on the floor. The television view of human behaviour. They voted to kill the guy based on absolutely no evidence whatsoever, thats why most Attornies want nothing to do with jury trials. They threw the Doctor/lawyer off the panel because he made some sense. God save me from a jury if I am ever in trouble and innocent because I would stare the bastards down the whole trial.

Re: Peterson [message #56034 is a reply to message #56033] Tue, 14 December 2004 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Probably guilty, yes.
beyond resonably boubt and a death sentance? I agree with you.

Re: Peterson [message #56035 is a reply to message #56034] Tue, 14 December 2004 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
You know it's funny but here in Suffolk County they tell you upfront they no longer require Jury service. If you do not want to serve just sign a form. They are so unhappy with the cost and unpredictability of jury trials they basically don't have them except in extreme circumstances. My problem was just enunciated on Larry King when one of the talking heads summed up by saying they convicted this guy because they just didn't like him.
Ever try lifting a 150 lb. body wrapped in concrete over the side of a small boat? Without leaving a mark?

Re: Peterson [message #56036 is a reply to message #56035] Tue, 14 December 2004 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
What amazes me is the amount of TV coverage this trial received. I don't know if he is guilty or not. He was trialed and sentenced by a jury of his "peers." In my opinion, the sentence of death is sadly the best he could hope for. From what I have read in other forums, he will be in isolation and mostly protected from other inmates, otherwise he would be placed in general population.

Now that this trial is over, Michael Jackson's is coming up, and this should make OJ's look rather tame.....Colin

Re: Peterson [message #56037 is a reply to message #56036] Wed, 15 December 2004 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I purposely followed the development on this only rarely. I realized last decade when the OJ trial was going on that I tend to judge emotionally. I'd get disgusted with what I saw on TV and make instant decisions. Then I would calm myself with the realization that my entire information system was a picture box from a media that makes enraging the public a form of entertainment.

I'm all for free speech, so that's cool. But on a personal responsibility thing, I just had to learn to hit the brakes. That's why I watched the coverage of this trial only very sparsely. It's too easy to manipulate a person by hiting their hot buttons, and there are a few we all share.

Based on that, I'm sure you guys are right and I think I agree with your assessment. Whether right or wrong, guilty or not, people would be easily swayed by their emotional response. It's pretty hard not to hate a guy that you think killed his pregnant wife just to have a fling. The whole thing could be done with photos and feelings.

Re: Peterson [message #56039 is a reply to message #56036] Wed, 15 December 2004 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
True but in CA within the last ten years 12 people on death row have been murdered by other inmates. No clue how they did it. The shenanigans with the missing jurors on the Peterson trial is a complete mystery. One of the jurors interviewed said the guy they tossed was holding up the proceedings. Funny but that guy was an attorny as well as a doctor. I geuss he wasn't ready to kill a guy without evidence. The readhead is scary; talk about self-righteous. And you can see with the three spokesmen; who buddied up with her and the bright guy, the same propensity. I love the way the media keeps congradulating them for their service. Only one guy questioned their ethics and he was quickly silenced. They were all in their mid 30's.

Re: Peterson [message #56044 is a reply to message #56039] Wed, 15 December 2004 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
To be honest, I did not watch one minute of the trial's coverage. I also have not watched the news (national or local) in several years either. The news just became way too depressing, too biased, and too politically correct.

It would be interesting to look at the ratio of inmates in general population killed as opposed to those on death row. Ten death row inmates killed in 12 years is 10 more than need be, but considering these are the most violent of offenders that does not sound abnormally high.

Re: Peterson [message #56045 is a reply to message #56044] Wed, 15 December 2004 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
There are 600 inmates on death row in california. The number of deaths is pretty high statisticlly but what my point was is that even with the lockdown status they still got to them.
The news is the news; if it happenend what are you gonna do; not report it? We all have a stake; wait'll the war for Social Security starts, already AARP is gearing up the troops and getting ready for battle. Thats 35 million members already to fight the pIRATES WHO WANT TO STEAL THIS MONEY FROM THE CITIZENS.
wALL sTREET HAS BEEN SALIVATING OVER THIS HUGE CASH COW EVER SINCE THE bUSHWACKER WAS ELECTED.
Say; are you still with the program on the pre-amp?

Re: Peterson [message #56046 is a reply to message #56045] Wed, 15 December 2004 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
From what I understand, death row inmates are not in 24 hour lockdown. There was a suit in CA a few years ago to allow them out of their cells for a few hours (5?) each day.

You're right; the news is the news, but the way it is reported is not reality. It is someone's view of reality. Everyone has an agenda. Am I cynical? Yes. With good resaon? Yes.

With regard to SS: I am 39 years old, and I don't expect Uncle Sam to be sending me a check every month when I retire. I am not counting on that money. Period. I worked in industry for a number of years and have seen too much waste in the private sector to rely on the government. So, after making money for others, my wife and I recently started our our investment company. It's very exciting, and the prospects are good.....Colin

Re: Peterson [message #56048 is a reply to message #56046] Wed, 15 December 2004 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
How many shares can I buy for 13.67$ ? First I need to break the pig. You will get a check from the govmt. There is no other way. What do you do with the guy who participates dutifully for 25 yrs until he is 42 then has a heart attack?? As an investor you know that the miracle of compound interest doesn't kick in until after 30 yrs. So that guy does .. what; starve?
What happens if there is a protracted cyclical downturn 5 yrs. before you have to retire? Live off the land? You know if everyone starts a business who do they all sell to? Each other. No one in the U.S.A. is saving the amount of money they would need to live a decent life for 25 yrs. from age 67 to age 87. If you require 80k to survive and we all will soon, thats 20 yrs x 80k. To save that much would mean 30% of everyone's yrly net salary. for life. Thats assuming you are consistantly employed without a break or layoff or illness. At the end of the week we are lucky to have 100$ left.
The money guys have the propaganda machine rolling full tilt on this one.

Previous Topic: suspect Christmas Humour.......
Next Topic: It's a wonderful life.....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 24 06:53:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout