Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Competitive edge
Re: Competitive edge [message #55943 is a reply to message #55942] Sat, 30 October 2004 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
What gets me is when you can get away with it, that's one thing but when the competition is strong, you can't. American products in the 50's and 60's were the best, but by the seventies, they weren't. American companies realized that by 1985 or so, and the car market gradually pulled out by doing some catch up on R&D and eventually making some really fine automobiles. But the electronics industry never recovered, with exception of computers.

So forgetting about politics or trade unions, even free trade capitalism sets the bar here. If a company's product isn't as good as its competition, it is at a disadvantage. The company can sell on reputation and cultivated image, but that fades quick when its product gets stomped. That doesn't happen very quickly because people are slow to change and move out of their comfort zones. But when a trend starts, it usually snowballs. Maybe in the past, a company could hang on to the status quo for a few years, but today, it cannot. So I think that sitting smugly on an old product in a technology oriented market is not good.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Hey this is more enlightening than the Ashlee Simpson Debacle ain't it?
Next Topic: My first Holiday shopping experience of the Season
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 28 04:22:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout