Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Sarah McLachlan - Afterglow Live
Sarah McLachlan - Afterglow Live [message #5590] Mon, 17 January 2005 10:43 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I first remember hearing Sarah McLachlan when she released her "Surfacing" album in 1997. There were a few hits that got radio play, like "Building a Mystery" and "Angel." After I purchased the album, I fell in love with this girl almost immediately. Every song on that album is great, a few more of my favorites include "Sweet Surrender," "Adia" and "Do What You Have To Do."

Last night, I was flipping through the channels and found "Afterglow Live." I guess I had been busy and hadn't really listened to Sarah McLachlan in a while. Maybe it's because my last album of hers was from 1997, nearly 8 years ago. But man, when I saw the concert I was transfixed all over again.

You know, some of the other female artists we talk about here are really good. I'm thinking about Diana Krall, for example. She's nice to listen to, and she makes almost every sound system sound pretty good. So I guess that's probably about half the reason why we listen to Diana Krall. That's why she's at every audio show playing in every room. They want to seduce the listener with her sultry voice.

But there's something a lot deeper going on with Sarah McLachlan's music, if you ask me. I don't listen to her because of what she makes the system sounds like. I listen to her because of the music she performs. I listen to her because of her passion.

Re: Sarah McLachlan - Afterglow Live [message #5591 is a reply to message #5590] Tue, 18 January 2005 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
My wife likes her. If you like that try Ani DiFranco.
I think if Dianna Krall looked like Mom's Mabley you probably wouldn't see much of her at the shows.
It's sad because a singer new to the scene such as Jackie Allen who doesn't hit all those flat notes like Dianna doesn't get much airplay except from a small loyal following of music lovers.

Re: Sarah McLachlan - Afterglow Live [message #5592 is a reply to message #5591] Tue, 18 January 2005 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I think Diana Krall is good and I like her music. But I don't think she has that passionate, emotional edge that Sarah McLachlan has. It's like Diana seduces you but Sarah makes you really feel something.

Re: Sarah McLachlan - Afterglow Live [message #5593 is a reply to message #5592] Tue, 18 January 2005 13:26 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yes;she is cute. That certainly helps if you like DVD's.
I recieved George Harrison's concert on DVD as a gift. Not half bad.

Previous Topic: Music
Next Topic: Anyone Watch The Apprentice?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 16 06:18:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio