Mike.e is currently offline  Mike.e
Illuminati (1st Degree)
hey people
Finally I saw
2001: A space oddysey!
Only on 2 channel DVD,but was still impressive both to eyes and ears

Visually,it was striking! < love the monkeys >
Audibly,it was striking also!
From the quietness of space to the breathing of the astronauts..

Nearer the end when the Astronaut goes to jupiter,past infinity,thats crazy because it seems sane until then

All in all,I really enjoyed it! I dont see many movies,but im glad i finally got this one out.Im gona watch it again tomorow before i return it.

And to finish off with, saw

"das boot" for the 2nd time,directors cut-talk about suspense!
LOTR the two towers < yeh i know im late ,especially considering they filmed it here > enjoyed it too! Those trees have LF voices!

Cheers
Mike.e

Re: Kubricks '2001 [message #5562 is a reply to message #5561] Tue, 21 December 2004 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I think it's kinda funny how that movie seemed so futuristic when it came out, but now "2001" is in the past. Same thing with "1984." Anyone remember that Khan in the Star Trek series and movies was placed in suspended animation and launched in his "primitive" interstellar ion-drive spacecraft in 1997?

Good movies, all 3 or 'em!. [message #5569 is a reply to message #5561] Tue, 28 December 2004 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mollecon is currently offline  mollecon
Master
Don't forget you can see LotR, "Return of the King" already Even in the EE version.

Btw, they used John Rhyes Davies voice to make Treebeard's - he also plays Gimli, the dwarf.

Need to get myself together to see all 3 LotR movies in a row, the EE versions, that is. Should take ~11 hours, breaks not included!

Re: Good movies, all 3 or 'em!. [message #5570 is a reply to message #5569] Wed, 29 December 2004 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike.e is currently offline  Mike.e
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I think they wouldve used a subsonic synthesiser to make those LF information in his voice!

dad will get the 3rd on DVD probably soon,then i can see it.

Cheers

Re: Good movies, all 3 or 'em!. [message #5574 is a reply to message #5570] Thu, 30 December 2004 00:38 Go to previous message
mollecon is currently offline  mollecon
Master
They probably did use something like that, using Davies' voice as 'source Great your dad is gonna get #3!

Previous Topic: Wind and Wuthering
Next Topic: Hurdy Gurdyman
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 06:19:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout