Home » xyzzy » Tower » HELP!
HELP! [message #55583] Thu, 01 February 2007 06:53 Go to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
When I booted the computer this morning I was offered the option of updating Windows Internet Explorer, which I did. Now I have two problems:

1) There is no button for "read mail" and I have no idea how to get to my mail.

2) When I click on a favorite, my Spysweeper software notifies me the favorite in new and askes me whether to keep it. When I respond that I want to keep it, the favorite becomes inactive.

This sucks! Can somebody help me?

Never Mind [message #55584 is a reply to message #55583] Thu, 01 February 2007 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I figured it out. I go into a rage when somebody messes with my internet choices:)

Windows Features [message #55585 is a reply to message #55584] Thu, 01 February 2007 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Ah, yes. Microsoft "helped" you by "updating" your computer. All the UNIX guys I know love to poke fun, harping on those Windows "features".

Windows RG [message #55586 is a reply to message #55585] Fri, 02 February 2007 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I really like this version!

On another note I hate XP! Our inexpensive laptop has it and I have to reformat the HD and reinstall the OS about 4-5 times a year. I try to keep everything in the background to a minimum, but it doesn't seem to help. I think I'll get a Mac next time. I'd really like to try Linux as well, but don't want to lose all the info I've got, so it'll have to wait for a new puter so I can try it on the the old one.

Re: Windows RG [message #55587 is a reply to message #55586] Fri, 02 February 2007 22:08 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Melissa's laptop computer just took a dirtnap 'cause Windows locked up. Still under warranty, but it's a pain. So she's suffering from withdrawl, due to the infamous blue screen of death.

Previous Topic: So Now They Are Building A Giant Trench And Wall Around Bahgdad?
Next Topic: Audiophiles and Sports
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 24 08:14:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout