Home » xyzzy » Tower » Pet Peeve
Pet Peeve [message #55339] Tue, 27 June 2006 10:37 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Anyone have this happen to them; I have read reviews written about items played at shows about which I am either very familiar or at least somewhat familiar. Now taking into account the differences in system components and room interactions,( even though some of these written about are played in many different rooms at many times of day in the same show,) I have to wonder when a piece that you know; you have discussed many times with others and have read extensively about is treated as something altogether different than you would expect.
Ie; when an amp say or a pair of speakers is lauded and praised by an individual and you and pretty much everyones opinion of that piece completely contradicts what you read from someone; would you then have some kind of suspician? Especially if you learned later on that that piece was in fact somehow tied to that individualls financial status?

My point being this; can you accept that even though you have great experience of a piece and that experience is corroborated by others; should you believe in the inherent sincerity of someone's contrary opinion even though they have a potentially conflicted interest in that piece?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message