Home » xyzzy » Tower » Help from the Euros
Help from the Euros [message #54478] Fri, 02 September 2005 10:59 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
We need the groups that solved the logistics of relief for the Tsunami.
Ask please for help from the French/German/Swiss and British people who organised most of that relief effort. This is too big for small men; we need proffessionals. George; send for help from France.

Re: Help from the Euros [message #54479 is a reply to message #54478] Fri, 02 September 2005 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Why France, they'll just hand them a corkscrew, a bottle of wine and some cheese. Then the people of N.O. will eat the cheese get drunk and stab each other with the corkscrews. Sounds like a catch-22 situation to me.

Re: Help from the Euros [message #54480 is a reply to message #54479] Fri, 02 September 2005 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
O'Kay.
But at least something might get done.
Better than what they have now.

Re: Help from the Euros [message #54482 is a reply to message #54478] Wed, 07 September 2005 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
An interesting thing happened the other day. A Swedish company sent a group over with their equipment (big freezer trucks and stuff like that). They went to the city to gather up some of the old historic documents that are stored in New Orleans - Spanish land grants, ship manifests from the slave trade, records from plantations that decendants of slaves use to chart family histories, old French legal documents (Louisiana law is still based on Napoleonic Code; unique legal system in all of the US; no reciprocity for the Bar as I understand it). They have a unique process for preserving documents and they wanted to help.

Anyway,soldiers turned them away - wouldn't allow them access to the city, so all that's probably going to be lost now. Mold has already overtaken most houses that were flooded and are now above the water line (chiefly Jefferson Parish).

We got our first delivery of food and ice into the area that I live in on Sunday morning - private company, not Gov't (A&P)- six days after the hurricane - 10 lbs of ice per family but you couldn't have the ice if you were in line for food because they didn't want to get the floor of the store wet from dripping bags of ice. We took the ice.

My family's been very fortunate, and I'm not really complaining - but it's just amazing to see how things happen in a situation like this - there's no imaginging it; you've got to live through it to have any idea of what it's like.

Will try to write again when a connection is available.

Charlie

Re: Help from your friends [message #54485 is a reply to message #54482] Wed, 07 September 2005 21:49 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Great to hear from you, Charlie. Everyone here is thinking about you.

Thanks for keeping us posted, and be sure to let us know if there's anything we can do. Once you get settled a bit, I'll bet we can all put together some sound equipment for you. Let us know.

Previous Topic: Chief Justice William Rehnquist dead
Next Topic: Have we considered omitting the Dungeon?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 05 11:20:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio