Home » xyzzy » Tower » A nice custmer service story for a change.
A nice custmer service story for a change. [message #54169] Fri, 31 December 2004 11:44 Go to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I purchased a MP3 CD player on-line from iRiver (http://www.iriveramerica.com), paid for 2-day shipping and received it promptly, at about 10 AM the second day. The player was defective out of the box.

I wrote emails to three different addresses at iRiver and hung on their 1-800 number until my ear went numb, and nothing. No email response, no person to talk to. I was pissed.

The next morning at 9 AM the UPS guy is at the front door – a replacement unit from iRiver, shipped Next-Day Air, with a pre-paid return Next-Day Air shipping label inside the box.

Still no email response, but in light of the fact that they’d rather make good immediately than discuss it at all is pretty impressive.

BTW, this is a $129 unit – with two Next-Day Air shipping charges they can’t be making too much money on this sale. But they certainly have earned a loyal customer.

Re: A nice custmer service story for a change. [message #54170 is a reply to message #54169] Fri, 31 December 2004 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Good story.

I believe I'll add that company name to my Rolodex.

Re: A nice custmer service story for a change. [message #54171 is a reply to message #54169] Sat, 01 January 2005 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Say W; I am looking at the Iriver 380; how do you like your's?

Re: A nice custmer service story for a change. [message #54172 is a reply to message #54171] Sun, 02 January 2005 17:18 Go to previous message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
It works just fine. What I bought it for, the ability to play any MP3 no matter what the bitrate or sampling frequency, has proven flawless so far.

The only "complaint" I have is that I'm kind of a straight-ahead guy, the fewer options and complications the better.

The 450 operates from a "wired remote" with an LCD display and has to be set to do things like charge the batteries (rather than just charging automatically when plugged in). A little less flexible and a little more automatic would suit me better.

Previous Topic: New Web site
Next Topic: where's the music.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 02 01:38:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout