Home » xyzzy » Tower » Ping Wayne - Virago
Cool [message #54000 is a reply to message #53999] Fri, 04 June 2004 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dean Kukral is currently offline  Dean Kukral
Master
They sound nice!

I think that if I could put my feet flat on the ground at a stoplight, I would still have a mc. I am tip-toed, which makes it difficult on a fully-loaded touring bike with wife on back. Very tiresome in bumper-to-bumper traffic.

There is nothing like an early evening ride in 80 degree weather - exactly like we are having now, except for the storms!

It's funny, but the things that you remember fondly in life are usually those when you have been really happy or really unhappy. For example, I remember turning a corner in the morning at Capitol Reef National Park and being presented with an awesome view in front of me of the sun shining on the cliffs from my back. Or, topping a hill in Nevada in the late afternoon and seeing this breathtaking view of the valley in front, lit by the afternoon sun and partially shaded by clouds. Both views were only possible with the total range of vision that you get in the open on a bike. I also remember standing in the hail in Montana, clutched to my wife (with our helmets on!) with nowhere to go for cover. Or passing a cornfield in Western Kansas in 100 degree heat and for ten seconds feeling the pleasant cooling effect of the irrigated corn. Of flying off an 8" "cliff" in the highway in bumper-to-bumper traffic at seventy mph on six-laned Interstate 5 in California. (At least the road went down and not up!!)

I also remember one vacation out West in our new Eclipse GSX where it rained every day, and we said, "Boy, we are sure glad we are not on the motorcycle!"

:) :) :)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Oil For Food Program Scandal
Next Topic: Intoxication
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 22:28:51 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects