Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Why 7pi? 7pi and listening room considerations
Re: Why 7pi? 7pi and listening room considerations [message #53240 is a reply to message #53239] Sun, 22 February 2009 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
PaulW is currently offline  PaulW
Viscount
I've no doubt the JBL unit is better, but I had to draw a line on the budget somewhere and it was more important for me to get the best treble, so the B&C DE250 was a must have. Now if I was going for the 4 Pi, then I suspect the JBL would really come into it's own as it is doing more work. All the problems I now have in the bass region I suspect will be sorted out with better output transformers in my Bottlehead amps which will provide better and tighter bass control.

I've not started the re-build of the mid-horn yet (a project for this summer as I'm still using my outdoor workshop) but the main reason is to put together a slightly larger flair, but also have it completely exposed, with just the drive unit enclosed in a box (any thoughts Wayne?).

Yes, satisfied enough to want to listen more than tweak or build or change or.....

Paul

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Can you guess horn cut-off by dimension only?
Next Topic: Delta 15 in 7 Pi?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 15:35:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout